American Cylinder designs, develops and delivers high-quality, long-lasting marine pneumatic cylinders for use in marine and offshore environments.
American Cylinder’s non-repairable corrosion-resistant (CR) air cylinders and stainless steel cylinders are expertly engineered to withstand the elements typically found in lakes, rivers, and oceans - moisture, lubricants, and solvents.
Delivering the products you need
American Cylinder manufactures corrosion-resistant air cylinders and stainless steel non-repairable cylinders for marine use.
American Cylinder’s corrosion-resistant air cylinders offer an impressive array of features and benefits, making them ideal for demanding marine applications:
Stainless steel cylinders
American Cylinder’s stainless steel air cylinders offer an impressive array of features and benefits:
- Double acting
- Volume chambers
- Available in bore sizes from 5/16" to 3"
- Body constructed of durable Type 304 Stainless Steel manufactured to special mill specifications and tolerances
- Rods built of ground & polished Type 303 Stainless Steel
- End caps & pistons made of acetal resin, a crystalline thermoplastic co-polymer
- Springs made from stainless steel and designed for millions of cycles
- Piston rods threaded, anaerobically sealed, and machine staked
- Buna-N U-Cup rod & piston seals sealed with pressure energized lip to provide low breakaway friction and maximize cylinder life expectancy
- Shipped with plated steel pivot pins with optional pivot bushings are available
- Rod seal groove precision machined to provide smooth sealing surface
- Magnet for sensing switch actuation available
- Pre-lubricated with a high-endurance or FDA-approved oil mixture
- Pre-tested to ensure no leakage prior to shipment
Designing the product you want
Can’t find what you need? Create your own marine cylinder or offshore pneumatic cylinder! American Cylinder’s dedicated engineers can work with you to design a custom cylinder that meets your exact specifications for your most challenging marine applications.
Delivering the service you deserve
American Cylinder offers the experience, expertise, and equipment to supply the non-repairable small bore air cylinders for your exact needs.
- Our professional staff has decades of industry experience, strong values, and a determined commitment to excellence.
- Product lines are sold through a network of independent distributors in every major industrial market.
- ISO 9001:2015 certified
- Ability to engineer and design custom products for unique applications
- Responsive and professional customer service representatives assist with orders, price and delivery
- Expert engineers provide technical information and application solutions
- CAD engineering systems
- CNC manufacturing equipment
- State-of-the-art inventory controls